Ian Heard – Development Officer
Ian has been involved in paddlesports since the late 1960's where he commenced paddling on the Yarra River at Warrendyte (Vic) and with trips organised by the Explorer Boys Club.
competed in the Red Cross River Murray Marathon in both 1970 & 1971, having helped construct the fibreglass TK2 that he crewed in the 1971 race.
- In the 1970's and 80's Ian conducted organised group expeditions for young people on the River Murray, its tributories and the lower lakes.
- commenced playing canoe polo in the early 90's
- In 1999 & 2001 Ian was Manager of the Australian Canoe Polo U21 Development Teams that traveled to Europe and toured competitions in France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands & Switzerland
- As Competition Director for the 2007 Australian & Oceania Championships held in Adelaide on the Patawalonga.
- worked as a volunteer in paddle sports for a number of years
- developing canoe polo programmes including the successful canoe polo schools programmes in 2002 & 2003.
- Chairperson of the Canoe SA Polo Technical Committee from 2004 to 2009
- organising the canoe polo competition in the Port Pirie Masters Games in 2002 to 2010
- organising the Australian Masters Games canoe polo competition in 2007 at Mawson Lakes
- Interested Director on the Canoe SA Board from 2001 to 2009
- registered AC Flatwater Instructor and has a Remote Area First Aid Certificate
- President of Northern District Canoe Club Inc. and Director of the NDCC Australia Day Canoe Polo Competitions (2002 to 2014)
Peter Gargiulo – Pathway Co-ordinator/Coach
Peter is an experienced Coach and recently moved from patterson Lakes to take on the new position of Pathway Coordinator.
Canoe SA is seeking volunteers for administrative tasks.
You will gain valuable experience in the workplace, and learn the responsibilities and roles within a peak sports body.
Event management, membership and training course administration, marketing and telephone contact work are just a few of the vital tasks you may be undertaking as a volunteer.
Canoe SA is a not-for-profit sporting and recreation association which is membership driven.