Expressions of Interest (‘EOI’) are invited from interested people for positions on the Flatwater (Sprint), Canoe Polo, Marathon, Recreation and Education Technical Committees.
- Flatwater (Sprint) Technical Committee
- Marathon Technical Committee
- Recreation Technical Committee
- Education Technical Committee and
- Canoe Polo Technical Committee.
EOI must be made on the official form that can be downloaded by clicking here The form should be completed and faxed or mailed to Canoe South Australia (08) 8240 3295 or PO Box 281, Port Adelaide 5015.
Expressions of Interest must be returned to Canoe South Australia by the 11th March 2005.
Canoe South Australia’s committees are committees of the Board of Directors with powers and authorities delegated by the Board. Functions vary from committee to committee but, typically, are as follows:
- a forum for consideration of practical issues and resolution of problems
- responsibility for the conduct of events / activities relative to that committee
- a source of expert advice and assistance to Board of Directors and Canoe South Australia as a whole
- a review body and commentator (in relation to discussion papers, reports, etc)
- a source of policy proposals and reform initiatives
- a monitor of standards and advocate of ongoing training and skills development
- a liaison body.
The process for appontment of committees will be as follows:
The Board of Directors will select a Chairperson from the nominations. If insufficient or unsuitable nominations are lodged, then the Board may appoint another person as Chair.
The Board will then select, in conjunction with the Chair of each committee (as selected in the above paragraph), the remainder of the committee members from the nominations. If insufficient or unsuitable nominations are lodged, then the Board may appoint other persons to the committee as required.
Further information including detailed Role & Function of the Committee Chair are available by contacting Ian Hume at the Canoe SA Office on (08) 8240 3294.