CANOE POLO FOR YOUR STUDENTS
Canoe Polo Schools Programme
- balance and body co-ordination
- hand-eye co-ordination
- boat control – harder than you might think, these small craft (refered to as BAT – baths advanced trainers) are hard to keep in a straight line as they have no keel line and are built to turn quickly
- paddle control – upper body flexibility as well as engaging core muscle groups
- ball skills – throwing and catching when sitting in a kayak floating on the water is powerful way to engage your muscles and brain in co-ordinated action
What does it involve?
A school with students and teacher who are keen to learn about this fast and exciting sport
Canoe Polo Schools Programme Information and Application Form
Enquiries can be directed to the Canoe SA office by email to email@example.com
or phone 08 8240 3294
Would you like to try Canoe Polo and train regularly?
- Each Sunday evening from 6.00pm – 8.00pm
- 2 hours coaching and games
How much will it cost?
– insurance as part of the Australian Canoeing scheme.
After the 2 month introductory membership participants join a club for an additional fee of approx $60 for the year.
What you will not pay for
The coaching sessions conducted by qualified coaches including current & past Australian team members.
Use of canoe polo equipment including polo bat, paddle, helmet, pfd and spraydeck will be at no cost.
- Schools who have students who are interested to participate can arrange an information session by contacting Canoe SA on 8240 3294.
- Individual students can become part of the talent identification & coaching by contacting Canoe SA – 8240 3294.
- Where possible each school will need a teacher or parent who will act as a contact or co-ordinator to ensure interested students get information.
2007 Canoe Polo Schools Program