Canoe South Australia Photo Competition
Click here to go to sponsors page
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. The "Promoter" is Canoe South Australia Incorporated (ABN 83 781 880 319) located at Aquatic Reserve, Bower Road, WEST LAKES, South Australia whose postal address is PO Box 281, PORT ADELAIDE, South Australia, 5015 and email address is email@example.com.
4. There shall be 3 competitions. Each competition shall run for a period of three months. The commencement and closing date for each of the competitions is as follows:
(a) Competition 1: commencing on 1 March 2014 at 12.01am (ACDT)and closing on 31 May 2014 at 11.59pm (ACST);
(b) Competition 2: commencing on 1 June 2014 12.01am (ACST) and closing on 31 August 2014 11.59pm (ACST);
(c) Competition 3: commencing on 1 September 2014 12.01am (ACST) and closing on 30 November 2014 11.59pm (ACDT);
(each being, the Competition Period)
5. The Promoter reserves the right to extend or vary the Competition Period at its own discretion subject to any State legislation.
6. Entry is only open to residents of Australia. Persons who are employed, or have previously been employed or engaged in the business of being a professional photographer are not eligible for entry.
HOW TO ENTER
7. To enter, entrants must send to Canoe South Australia email address (firstname.lastname@example.org ) a digital copy of their original photograph along with their name, phone number and email address.
8. Photographs that are entered to the competition must:
(a) be in ".jpeg" format;
(b) be a minimum of 1024 pixels on the longest side
9. The photograph:
(a) must be a faithful representation of the image seen by the entrant at the time the photograph was taken;
(b) may be digitally adjusted or edited provided that it is only minor cleaning of the photograph. It is the sole discretion of the Promoter what is minor cleaning.
(c) may be cropped;
10. Photographs that have been taken using double exposures, sandwich shots or use in any way more than one separate photograph are not eligible for submission.
11. All photographs submitted must have been taken by the entrant.
12. Entrants may enter as many times as they wish throughout the duration of the Competition Period.
13. By submitting an entry, entrants give the Promoter permission to edit the photograph submitted.
14. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, job, place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
15. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter this competition.
16. Entries will be deemed to be accepted once submitted in accordance with clause 7. Incomplete, illegible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
17. The Promoter prohibits the upload of material that violates the rights of others or is unlawful, defamatory or obscene. We reserve the authority to reject or remove entries or captions which violate these standards.
USE OF ENTRIES
18. Entrants permit the Promoter to publish and use their photograph, without remuneration and without the need to credit the entrant/photographer (as the case may be) for an unlimited period of time without any further consent being necessary. The photo may be used for promotional purposes in advertising, collateral, and in third party publications and websites (including but not limited to on the Canoe South Australia website).
19. Entrants warrant, by submitting their entry into this competition, that their entry (and in particular the photograph submitted) does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
20. The total prize pool is valued at $50 for each competition period ($50.00 x 3 = $150.00)
21. The winners will be notified directly by the Promoter (by either telephone and/or email).
22. There will be one prize pack to be won for each Competition Period. The prize pack for a Competition Period consists of a $50.00 gift voucher for goods from the sponsor for that 3 month competition period
23. If a prize pack (or part of a prize pack) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
24. Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied or exchanged for cash. Prize values are GST inclusive and are in Australian dollars and are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier and are correct at time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
25. Each entry will be individually judged according to its merits on the basis of creativity and originality as determined in the complete discretion of the Promoter.
26. The best entry in each Competition Period will each receive a prize pack (as outlined in clause 22) with judging of each winner of a prize pack to be determined by a panel of at least two (2) judges.
27. The Promoters' decision in relation to any aspects of the promotion, including the identity of the judges and the judging of the prize pack winners, is final and binding on every person who enters the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. The Promoter may collect personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and the name, address and phone number of entrants may also be incorporated into the Promoter's mailing list for future promotions and marketing, including via electronic text messages and telephoning the entrant.
29. By entering the Promotion, the entrant acknowledges that any or all material which is submitted by them or any interviews or subsequent material provided or produced by them may be used for the purposes of marketing and publicity at the complete discretion of the Promoter. They will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
30. Entrants can update or correct information or request not to receive information about future promotions or further correspondence by emailing email@example.com. If entrants do not provide personal information, they will be unable to enter the Promotion.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
31. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage, including indirect or consequential loss, however arising (including but not limited to negligence) which is suffered or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the competition or any prize/s.
32. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the entrant releases and will release the Promoter from all claims that the entrant may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with the entrant's participation in the competition (including the prizes) and will indemnify and will keep indemnified the Promoter in respect of any claim by any person arising as a result of or in connection with the entrant's participation in the competition (including the prizes).
33. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information either caused by programming associated with or utilised in this promotion, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this promotion including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
34. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
35. The Promoter reserves the right to amend or vary these Terms and Conditions without notice to entrants.
36. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the promotion is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.