Water Traffic Restrictions – West Lakes
Notice is hereby given that pursuant to section 26 of the Harbors and Navigation Act 1993, Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure has granted an aquatic activity licence to Canoe South Australia Inc. to use an area of water at West Lakes for the purpose of regattas, on the AM Ramsay Regatta Course, northern yachting basin, east and west arms on the dates and times listed below.
19th October Saturday 7.00am – 3.00pm Regatta 1
2 November Saturday 10.00am – 4.00pm Regatta 2
16 November Saturday 10.00am – 4.00pm Regatta 3
6 December Friday 7.00am – 6.00 pm GP1
7 December Saturday 7.00am – 6.00 pm GP1
8 December Sunday 7.00am – 6.00 pm GP1
21 December Saturday 3.00pm – 8.00pm Twilight Regatta
19 January Sunday 7.00am – 3.00 pm Regatta 4
9 February Sunday 9.00am – 3.00 pm Regatta 5
2 March Sunday 7.00am – 6.00 pm State Titles
26 March Wednesday 7.00am – 6.00 pm National Titles
27 March Thursday 7.00am – 6.00 pm National Titles
28 March Friday 7.00am – 6.00 pm National Titles
29 March Saturday 7.00am – 6.00 pm National Titles
30 March Sunday 7.00am – 6.00 pm National Titles
Pursuant to section 83 of the Harbors and Navigation Act 1993 and regulations, an exemption from the provision of Regulation 169 (1), in relation to the wearing of a personal floatation device by the occupant of a canoe or kayak during the events listed above has been granted
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The exemption only apply to occupants of a canoe or kayak over the age of 13 years with the ability to swim at least 50 metres.
- The occupants of a canoe or kayak under the age of 16 years and exempted by this notice are to have parental or guardian consent.
- There are a sufficient number of properly manned duty boats in attendance to assist competitiors and to address emergencies that may arise on the water.
- The organiser of the above events notifies all competitors of this exemption.
- The organiser of the above events will take out and continue to maintain for the duration of the above events, an appropriate public liability insurance policy.
The exemption is valid for the duration of the above events and expires at 6.00pm on March 30, 2014.
This exemption may be revoked at any time prior to the above expiry date.